At Rajshahi Medical College we intend to create quality doctors that they serve to save and improve patient lives
Rajshahi Medical College (Bengali: রাজশাহী মেডিকেল কলেজ) is a government medical school in Bangladesh, established in 1958. It is located in Rajshahi. It is affiliated with Rajshahi University.
It was the second such institution in erstwhile East Pakistan after Dhaka Medical College. It has a large hospital that is the central provider for advanced health care in the northern part of Bangladesh.
Rajshahi Medical College
Rajshahi Medical College admits 200 students every year for its M.B.B.S. program. Its dental unit admits a further 50 students. Students are admitted in these programs after high school and get a degree after 5 years of study and 1-year internship in the government-owned public hospital.
After the separation of East Bengal from India in 1947 the people of Rajshahi region was deprived of medical education and healthcare facilities.
In 1949 some renowned persons of civil society and political persons involved in administration took initiative to establish a private medical school in Rajshahi city. Initially they launched LMF diploma course under State Medical Faculty Dhaka. 80 students were admitted in first batch. In 1954 erstwhile Pakistan government converted it to government medical college. In 1958, it was launched as a complete college. It is the first medical college in northern part of Bangladesh.