Holy Family R. C. Hospital is a general hospital. The Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College started its journey in the academic year 1999-2000 by the inspiration of the daughter of the father of the Nation & defender of the democracy Janonetri Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the then Health Minister Sheikh Fazlul Karim Salim MP, Chairman, Bangladesh Red Crescent Society Sheikh Kabir Hossain and all the Doctors and Staffs working in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital under the leadership of Professor Dr. Md. Maniruzzaman Bhuiyan contributed tremendously to establish the College. The Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College is a project of Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS) and is run by a Governing Body duly formed by the representatives of sponsor organization Bangladesh Red Crescent Society (BDRCS), representatives from Dhaka University and Government of Bangladesh. The College follows the course curriculum of MBBS course as laid down by Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. Government of Bangladesh regulates the criteria of qualification of students and Dhaka University conducts the professional examinations and certificates of MBBS degree are awarded by them. It started its journey with 50 students in the academic year 1999-2000. Presently we have about 800 students and 135 students are admitted during every academic session including up to a maximum of 50% foreign students. Thirteen batches of students have already qualified as doctors and 12th batches have completed their internship training and the thirteen batch is undergoing internship training in Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College Hospital (HFRCMCH) which is a tertiary care Hospital established in the year 1953 with 720 beds and delivering clinical services in all specialities of medical science. The Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College and Hospital is located in a quiet and serene environment at the heart of Dhaka city at 1, Eskaton Garden Road, Dhaka-1000 on 8.10 acres of land. The construction of the new modern six storied academic building covering an enormous area of one lac twenty-three thousand square feet with all modern amenities is already completed and academic activities have started in the meantime at all the levels.